Wednesday, May 8, 2013

THINGS I'LL MISS

Mags: "Mama, you WON'T believe what happened at Pre-K today!"

From the moment she says this until the moment she finally has to come up for air, she fills me in on her morning. Every second of every minute of the three hours. No detail is too minute. And you know what? I'M SOAKIN' THIS UP!

I sit, listen, nod, smile, laugh, chew my lunch, remind her to take a bite of hers, nod some more...but I never, EVER interrupt. I'm dreading the time she comes home and when I ask about her day, she replies with a simple, "Fine."

So, I'll take this for now. Because next year, this chicky starts Kindergarten. All. Day. Long. And me? I start back to work full-time. That means lunches with my littlest girlfriend will only be on the weekends.  And there's NO ONE who can rival this lunch date!

13 comments:

  1. Obviously this story warranted a reward of Cadbury Mini Eggs... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was our "dessert" after lunch. :P HI, GAYLE!!

      Delete
  2. Too cute.. yeah mine still talk a lot when they come in and they are boys which makes it even more surprising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! That is surprising. Enjoy it while you can. My boy has never been a talker after school. He always need a "rest." :)

      Delete
  3. Awe, this made we want to cry. Cherish every moment. It goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie ROCKS!

    love,
    her biggest, little fans
    Dominic and Danica (and their mom too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true!! I love when I get Lil mister from school and get to listen to his broken version of everything that happened!! I need to focus on this more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is amazing to just watch her ramble and I wonder what will happen first: Will she take a breath or pass out?

      Delete
  6. But think of all the stuff you'll have to talk about on those lunch dates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S SO TRUE! I can't wait to hear about her day!

      Delete
  7. I sometimes wonder if Gio or Jacob is going to pass out with how fast they talk.
    she is so beautiful and those little voices, they are the sound of my happiness lately.

    LOVE IT. (I'm sniffling with you too...honestly, how did they get big enough to go to Kindergarten??? :( )

    ReplyDelete