Thursday, June 27, 2013

Can You See Me Now?

Mags: "Mama? Maaaaaama?"
Me: "Yes Mags?" 
Mags: "Can we rock for a minute?"
Me: "Sure! Come on over."
Mags: "You smell really good today. I like it when you take showers."

My poor peanut. She was wiped out today. Her night terrors have made a strong comeback lately,  so by the late afternoon she has hit the wall. Today she wasn't trying to hide that she was exhausted and needed a quick power nap. I was more than happy to oblige. But, like always, I was being hunted. A blue-eyed, blond haired search party of one was out in full force. Take a look at the events that took place.


Warm, snuggled, sleeping five-year-old=heaven.
I was just going to take a quick pic and enjoy rocking her for 15 minutes. 

Tuck: "MAMA! MAMA! Oh! There you are. What are you.... 
Me: "Shhhhhhh!"
Tuck: "WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY?"
Me: "Shhhhhhh!" 

Tuck: "WHY DO YOU NEED ME TO BE QUIET? IS MAGS SLEEPIN'?"
Me: "Ummm...are you serious right now?"
Tuck: "Oh. Okay. I'll be quie...WAIT A MINUTE! I can see 
myself on your computer screen from way over here! 
Can you see me in your computer screen?"
Me: (gives up and laughs)

Me: (mouthing) "I see you." 
Tuck: "WHAT DID YOU SAY? YOU SAID IT TOO QUIET!"
Me: (pointing to sleeping Mags)
Tuck: "I see her in the computer screen, too. Look! She's sleepin'!"

Me: (laughing hysterically)
Tuck: (laughing hysterically at me laughing hysterically)

Tuck: "You can still see me, right? See me now? SEE?
 (jumps up and down, waves arms frantically)
Me: "Ahhhhh! No! Please don't wake up....
Mags: "What's all the noise about?"

Me: (EVIL EYE INTO COMPUTER CAMERA) 

That shot was not taken for fear you may turn into a statue.


8 comments:

  1. Awww!!! You have given this Mama hope that her sweet smelling two year old will still want to snuggle when she gets bigger. :) Love it!

    Tuck is a mess and a half! Too funny!

    P.S. "I like it when you take showers" Please tell me this is at least daily. ;)

    Stephanie (@smtimmons)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stink for sure!!

      I cannot promise such things as "daily." :)

      Delete
  2. My 4 and 1/2 yr old grandson is having night terrors too. I knew they had them around 2, but had forgotten they had them at Jack's (my grandson) and Maggie's age as well. Those things used to scare the bejesus out of me when my children had them :(.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so scary, Lisa. They wake you out of a sound sleep and I feel like I'm stumbling to her bedside trying to shake myself out of sleep. I feel for her. UGH!

      Delete
  3. Oh my 2 oldest had horrible night terrors. We finally found melatonin and it was a life saver for us.. helped them both get into the state of sleep that was too deep for nightmares and the half awake time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Thanks! I'm going to have to check that out. I had thought we were past them, but this week...ugh!

      Delete
  4. I bet Mags was just upset becuase you two were having all teh fun while she was (trying to) sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pictures. Love them. Teach me, Mel. I mean ... grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete