Saturday, July 6, 2013

FLIPPING OUT


Tuck: "Mama! Want to see me jump off this diving board?"
Me: "Yep. Let me grab my camera."
Tuck: "Okay. That will give me time to mentally prepare."

Tuck has become a swimmer this summer. A swimmer without floaties. A swimmer who jumps off the side. A swimmer who races his dad up and down the length of the pool. A swimmer who throws items to the bottom so that he can go retrieve them. A swimmer who keeps an eye on his death-defying little sister who wanders into the deep end "on an accident." Over and over and over again.

Today, though, he became the master of something else. The diving board!






I gave this one an 8.5 on the give-your-mom-a-heart-attack scale. After five of them in a row, I was having less of the worst case scenarios running through my head. I chilled, cheered loudly and took pictures. Each time he surfaced, he was gulping and gasping the words, 

"DID YOU SEE THAT? THAT. WAS. AWESOME!"

He really made quite a splash. I simply asked that next time he warned me before hurtling his body into a front flip off a diving board. That way *I* could mentally prepare. 

Now, on with the show!



7 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when we see our kids overcome a fear, and then own it. Wonderful action shots on the dive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tara! These moments are so fun to photgraph. :)

      Delete
  2. I'll be so glad when my son makes it there :) He's been resisting swimming lessons for several years now, even tho he loves being in the pool. Fingers crossed this is the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,

      Tuck resisted for a full 4 years. Then he fell in love and we can't keep him out of the water.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic!
    Get that boy some scuba gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you scuba? Can you take him and teach him. Summer camp with Uncle Guap!

      Delete
  4. Oh yeah see no.. I would flip out as well. Just heart attack right there..

    ReplyDelete