Aunt Patti: "Oh yeah. It's carrying a snack."
Me: "Holy cow. It's trying to shove it in a hole in the bottom of your chair. I've never seen that. Amazing."
Aunt Patti: "What? There's a hole in my chair?"
I won't deny it. Lately, I've been into bugs. Especially taking pictures of them and posting them on the blog. The kids have helped me to be more observant of what is around me this summer. I have decided to follow THEIR lead on wherever our adventures have taken us.
So, even though my first instinct was to be grossed out by the following scene, I knew my kids would LOVE it. I snapped away. And here's what I caught on my camera.
From a kid's point-of-view:
- How in the world did the hornet carry that?
- Hornets eat grasshoppers?
- Is there a tunnel for them in the chair?
- Does a hornet have teeth?
- Is there a nest in the chair?
From a grownup's point-of-view:
- That chair is dead to me.
- Please pass the Raid.