Saturday, July 13, 2013

Perspective

My parents, husband and I decided to take the kids into Boston to go on a Duck Tour. In order to get INTO Boston, we thought it would be fun to take the ferry from Salem, Massachusetts. After all, an added vehicle is an added bonus in the kids' eyes. They were all about it. Well, that is, until Mags SAW the ferry. 

Me: "Here comes the ferry boat, Mags. See it? It's pulling up to the dock right now and then it will..."
Mags: "There's no way you're getting me on that thing."
Me: (stunned) "What? Why?"
Mags: "HE-LLOOO! Do you SEE the hole in the middle of that boat?"


In Mags' case, perspective WAS everything.
Photo credit: http://newenglandboating.com

4 comments:

  1. Such brilliance! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why i'm continually surprised by your kids being smarter than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mags is awesome. The rest of you aren't too shabby, either. :) Thanks for sharing, I know I can always stop by here if I need something to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me smile. I love how smart kids are, I'm always saying they are little sponges just soaking up all the information around them. They also look at everything with new eyes where we as adults see things how we expect to see them.

    When my daughters were young and my youngest was about 5 years old, we were driving in the car talking about stop lights and the colors red, green, and yellow. We then were talking about the walk/don't walk sign and that it was green or red. My youngest pops up and says, "Mama do you mean blue instead of green?" I said that it was green and she argued with me it was blue. The next one we passed by, sure enough it was blue looking instead of green. Thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete