Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Interview


The hunt was on. Time was bearing down. Preparation was key. Needing this shaky feeling to be squelched, I laid down the groundwork to start carving a path in a definite direction. Using my instincts as a compass, I trudged along.

And then, just like that, definite choices needed to be made. My path was becoming ever clearer. Or so I thought. Led into a bog, I was forced to turn back; blaze another trail. Disheartened, I began again, crude language inhabiting my mind. I had to rework my expectations and let my heart be the guide. In an instant, uncertainty became certain.




This was written for three incredible link-ups. First was for my friend, Lance. He oils Leeroy for the 100 Word Song. I was honored to be the one to pick this week's song. I chose The Fray's Uncertainty. Next was for Trifecta. They asked that we use the third definition for the word "crude." Last, but certainly not least was Velvet Verbotsity's 100 Words. Her word was "rework."


10 comments:

  1. Just reading this made me nervous. If this is about a real interview... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats...Love how you wove the prompts.

    Thanks for The Fray. It played right into a tear inducing story episode.

    Hope you and fam have a great 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff Mel. I definitely felt all the tension of the moment right along with you. The lyrics to your song choice worked perfectly for my story. Thanks for the choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first I love your outfit. ;)

    and this was so good, that moment where all the things you are questioning need to be answered. You took us there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncertainty is part of life, but it is certainly no fun. It is interesting that you wrote this today--I have a job interview next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, great outfit. Red is my favorite color so in my opinion you can never go wrong with red. ;)

    I didn't pick up on the fact that this piece was about an interview until I read others' comments. You capture the anxiety of the job hunt, and interviewing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly optimistic and "in charge," a great piece - thanks for choosing a wonderful prompt to play off of as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Mel! You owned those prompts and the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope I never have to do another job interview. Nerve wracking. :( Hope you got the job.

    ReplyDelete