Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Power of a Five Dollar Word

Me: "Look at the cool picture of the butterfly I caught in Ms. Beth's garden."
Mags: "Awww. She's beautiful."
Tuck: "And not symmetrical." 
Mags: "Tuck! Why do you always have to use words I don't know?!?"
Me: "Mags, chill. It just mean that she's not the same on each side. So, if you cut her down the middle, she..."
Mags: "NO! NO! YOU CAN'T CUT HER DOWN THE MIDDLE!"
Me: "No. I wouldn't REALLY do it. Just do it in your mind."
Mags: "We DON'T cut butterflies down the middle in our minds either, Mama. Are you INSANE." (her new favorite word is 'insane')
Tuck: (frustrated) Mags, that's not what Mama..."
Me: "Let it go, Tuck."
Tuck: "Who knew the word symmetrical could cause so much trouble?"


3 comments:

  1. I love to read your posts. But one of my most favorite things about your posts are the quotes from your children. I just love that you listen. And that you share. Thank you for that. Don't ever stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa! They are my constant entertainment. :)

      Delete