Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Present

Mags: "Mama! Mama! Daddy has a present for you from outside."
Me: "What? What is it?"
Mags: "I don't know."
Me: "Can you go find out? I don't trust him."
Mags: "I know. He's tricky."

In the fifteen (hundred) years I've known my husband, he's always been a jokester. Jumping out from behind doors, putting rubber, life-like frogs in my purse, or setting up a cardboard Hannibal Lecter to fall onto me when I open my closet door are just a few of his favorite things. Loving, guttural-scream-inducing gestures.

So, tonight, when he came in to present me with something special he found outside, you'll understand why my first reaction was...less than trusting. Take a look. 



3 comments:

  1. Ha! I would have been the same way with Lance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, okay. It was a blackberry? I thought you were grabbing a baby frog with intent to eat it. I feel much better about this whole thing now.

    Teach me Vine in Chicago.

    It's only six seconds of video so I didn't think it warranted a "please." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's just softening you up. Next time, you'll be excited, then he'll pounce!

    ReplyDelete