Tuesday, July 23, 2013

WISDOM

Mags: "Look, Mama, it's an S."
Me: "You know what, Mags?  I've looked at that for years when and never realized that was in the shape of an S made up of STARFISH." 
Mags: "Oh, those ARE starfish!"
Me: "Look at us teaching each other something new."


This post was written in response to Five Sentence (non) Fiction over at Lillie McFerrin Writes. She asked us to write based on our inspiration from the word "wisdom." Who better to gain knowledge and perspective from than the our wise children?  Since this was a true conversation Mags and I had while visiting my parents' house a few weeks ago, I'm breaking the rules a bit. R-E-B-E-L. But seriously, I hope I don't get kicked out!

I learned about this creative link-up from my friend, Bo over at My Thoughts on the Subject are as Follows. Bo's poetry always captivates me. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh.
    First I love Starfish, I really love anything nautical but that sculpture is so pretty and then the S is so subtle but oh so pretty.

    I love when my kids teach me something (and they do it every single day)

    ReplyDelete