Thursday, August 29, 2013

THE NAME GAME

Me: "Tell me all about your day!" 
Mags: "Well, I made a new friend. She has brown hair, like me. Green eyes, LIKE ME! AND GUESS WHAT ELSE?"
Me: "What?"
Mags: "She has the very same Hello Kitty shoes I have! I HAVE to wear them tomorrow so we match.  My new friend is so funny. She makes me laugh. A. LOT." 
Me: "That is GREAT. I'm so happy for you that you made a new friend."
Mags: "I really, really like her."
Me: "Cool. What's her name?"
Mags: "Hmmm...that's a good question, Mama. 



7 comments:

  1. Totally happens in my house too!!! They are so excited to click and play and have fun. Introducing themselves isn't even on their radar!!! But...YEAH!!! a friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh to be a kid and realize friends are just friends.. who needs a name lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These details are not important, Mama. She gave me her strawberry gogurt AND when she smiles she looks just like Dora. THESE are the qualities you look for in a best friend in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too Funny! My Girlies does the SAME thing...she will come home and announce she has a new Best Friend and know every detail and then when i say What's her name? I get the blank stare...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go, focusing on tirvialities again.
    Did you not hear? They have the same shoes!!!

    Glad Mags is enjoying her school days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, in fact the boys had to be reminded about the name of the 2nd teacher in their classroom.
    "we like her!"
    "she's fun!"
    Oh Great..do you remember her name?

    blank stares. ;)

    so glad that Mags is having an awesome first week. I can't believe all our children are old enough to go to KINDERGARTEN now. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear she is settling into school so well, and a new friend to boot...awesome! So she doesn't have a name yet, having matching shoes is much more important!!!

    ReplyDelete