Thursday, September 26, 2013

Gimme a Clue

Mags: "Guess what this is, Mama?"
Me: (breaking into a sweat) "Umm...let me see. A platypus?"
Mags: "Nope."
Me: (heart racing) "I could have sworn it looked like Perry. Can you give me a clue?"
Mags: "Nope. It's not Perry."
Me: "I need a clue, please."
Mags: "I just gave you one...hello...it's not Perry."
Me: "I need another one." (Hello....how do my kids forget how much I stink at this?)
Mags: "Well...he's PLAID. And he's in a book we read at school."
Me: "Oooooh! Hmmm. Let me think. (I should have read that newsletter more carefully.)
Mags: (long, dramatic sigh) "Okay. I'll give you a pass on this one cause those big kids you teach have been testing your brain." 


"It's a PLAIDypus."
I just love Kindergarten.


10 comments:

  1. I think Mags is going to be an artist, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo jealous of the artwork she's bringing home daily. Such excellent blog fodder. Pure Gold!

    Mags'll be making her own 'Nerd Girl' in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really should get a pass on that one.
    You were sooooo close...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with ElGuapo. It's a really good Plaidypus! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That's adorable! My son Miles love Perry the Platypus and he got a big kick out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids say the darnest things, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!! Love it! Found you on the "I Don't Like Mondays" blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. makes perfect sense and very stylish

    she's adorable

    ReplyDelete