Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lordy, Lordy…

Tuck: "Mama, how old is Daddy gonna be tommorrow?"
Me: "Forty."
Tuck: "Wow. That's ancient."

Today is a VERY big day. It's Chris' FORTIETH birthday. The big 4-0. You've all met Chris on the blog, right? Not only does he produce his own podcast called the A.T.TIPSCAST, but he also co-hosts ANOTHER podcast with me called Night Light Stories. In fact, he's even written numerous guest posts on this blog. 

Check these out:  


In addition to all of the above things, my husband has a gift. He can sniff out presents a mile away. (See what I did there?) But, what I love most, is that he acts so surprised even when he knows what he is receiving. I have no doubt where our Mags gets her "ham-ness." 

This year, it happened to be a Whirley Pop. He discovered this contraption during our summer getaway at a lake house with his lifelong friends. I've honestly never seen someone so excited about a popcorn popper…which is one of the million reasons I adore him. 

Happy 40th Chris! You are one of a kernal…I mean…kind, 
in the best way possible. 

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Mel. And Happy Birthday, Chris! Wish I lived closer so we could put that Whirley Pop to the test! (P.S. Just re-read your post about writing a letter to Mags. Loved it. My comment still stands.)

    You guys better save me some cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh see I got excited to simply be able to pop popcorn the old fashioned way before Christmas. My kids thought I had lost my mind, having never seen it actually POPPED outside of a bag in the microwave or in one of those huge air poppers from the theater. Happy Birthday to your guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny my mom was going to get us one of these for christmas and I was like - Why? We got a microwave. I'm 38 - just missed the popcorn on the oven world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. I love that 40 is "ancient" when you're a kid.

    ReplyDelete