Monday, March 31, 2014

If You Asked Me

Mags: "Mama, have you known Daddy your whole life?"
Me: "Nope. I've known him since I was 21. So…15 years. And we'll be married for 10 years this week!"
Mags: "Oh! Okay. Cause Daddy told me he feels like he's been married for ONE HUNDRED years."
Me: "Some days it can feel like that, Mags."

If you asked me 15 years ago where I'd be right now, I never in a million years would've guessed I'd be:
  • Anxiously waiting for a date night on the couch with my husband as we watch mind-numbing TV.
  • Decompressing after a long weekend of school functions, monotonous errands and house cleaning. 
  • Walking down the hall (again) to give "just one more kiss" (again) to the sweetest two faces in my world.
  • Singing a song from the kids' favorite TV show over and over in my head.
  • Picking up a trail of little dirty shirts, pants and socks that were haphazardly thrown when getting pajamas on for bed. 
  • Being responsible and making a list from my list. 
  • Being married (happily) for ten years this week. 
  • Finally opening that bottle of champagne we never got to on New Year's Eve.
  • Have snippets of a conversation with my husband throughout the day with multiple interruptions only to be able to piece it together flawlessly. 
  • This happy.
So, yes, sometimes it feels like 100 years. But, in all honesty, 
I can't wait for the next 100, Chris!

CLAIMED! 





8 comments:

  1. Awe...very sweet. You guys make a very beautiful couple. Happy, early, anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are rawking the winter wonderland sweaters. Congrats on your first 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
    (It's the happily" that makes all the difference.)

    You look like you're posing for your superhero pic in that shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true, Guap…on both accounts. :)

      Delete
  4. Mazel Tov, my friends! (If you don't know what I mean, make Fiddler on the Roof your next movie night selection.) XOXO

    ReplyDelete