Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Graduation Day

Guest quote: Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. -John W. Gardner

As  I sat at graduation today in my high school gymnasium, I started to think about the next steps these students will take in their lives. The nervous energy was buzzing all around as they lined up to go across the stage. But, during the ceremony, I noticed some things from a teacher's perspective that I had never seen in my own time as a graduate. Naturally, I made a list in my head. 


1. On one side of the stage, you're a high school senior. On the other side of the stage, you're a high school graduate. Poof! Just. Like. That.

2. Those tassels are tricky little buggers.

3. I think they make the caps not fit on purpose. Joke's on you!

4. Sensible shoes are the way to go. Seriously. My feet ached just looking at these.



5. The most magical place on Earth is not Disney Land. The most magical place on Earth is in a crowded gymnasium watching 227 seniors achieve an amazing milestone. 



2 comments:

  1. OMG! Look at those shoes! That is riDICulous! Girls are so stupid. (Yes, I mean me, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 was Magical. Thank you for sharing your amazing year with us. I'm so happy for you and proud of you...and oh those lucky lucky students having a teacher and mentor like you.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete