Monday, March 2, 2015

MOUNTAINS OF MEMORIES: DAY 1

Mags: "Look at you and Daddy in that picture. You guys look so...so...wow. Were you really that young? I mean, Mama, you look so good. Look at that! You have no crinkles around your eyes and these dark things (pointing to the dark suitcases under my eyes) aren't there either."

Me: "You mean my eye bags? They come with children. No extra charge."

It was a simple house. "Live within your means" was our driving force when we looked. Eight to ten houses were on our ambitious agenda the day we found it. If you asked either one of us, we could tell you the EXACT moment we knew. For me, it was the bathroom. I was coming out of the downstairs half-bath as Chris came around the corner. We saw each other and simultaneously mouthed, 

"This is it."  

And so it began.


For 11 years, 5 months and 9 days




Photo credit: C.Alexander, September 2003



1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures. Love them. And how is it that you and Chris actually look YOUNGER now? No. YOU shut up. I AM being serious.

    Of course, my eyes are old so you know ...

    ReplyDelete