Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I'M ONE WITH THE TURTLES

Me: "Watch out for this hole in the grass, Mags." (falls in hole)
Mags: "You okay? Just laugh it off, Mama." (falls in hole I just fell in AND warned her about ten seconds earlier)

Once upon a time, I was a pretty decent runner. But now ... I'm a supportive runner ... for my kids (and my very weak Achilles). I "ran" a 5K with Mags today. We walked, talked, almost cried, laughed, drank water, threw the cups on the ground (the mom in me was tormented), tied our shoes a trillion times and, at one point, fell over each other. But guess what? We finished. We made memories. And we actually did sweat a little bit. 


This shirt sums up my running status at 37 years old ... 
and I'm finally proud of it. 

http://teespring.com/peanutbutter



1 comment:

  1. You are such a great mom. I'll bet today was a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete