Mags: "Mama, have you known Daddy your whole life?"
Me: "Nope. I've known him since I was 21. So…15 years. And we'll be married for 10 years this week!"
Mags: "Oh! Okay. Cause Daddy told me he feels like he's been married for ONE HUNDRED years."
Me: "Some days it can feel like that, Mags."
If you asked me 15 years ago where I'd be right now, I never in a million years would've guessed I'd be:
- Anxiously waiting for a date night on the couch with my husband as we watch mind-numbing TV.
- Decompressing after a long weekend of school functions, monotonous errands and house cleaning.
- Walking down the hall (again) to give "just one more kiss" (again) to the sweetest two faces in my world.
- Singing a song from the kids' favorite TV show over and over in my head.
- Picking up a trail of little dirty shirts, pants and socks that were haphazardly thrown when getting pajamas on for bed.
- Being responsible and making a list from my list.
- Being married (happily) for ten years this week.
- Finally opening that bottle of champagne we never got to on New Year's Eve.
- Have snippets of a conversation with my husband throughout the day with multiple interruptions only to be able to piece it together flawlessly.
- This happy.
So, yes, sometimes it feels like 100 years. But, in all honesty,
I can't wait for the next 100, Chris!